Weekend on the Dniester includes rafting on a lowland calm river, walks to various natural and historical places, swimming and sunbathing. Fishing enthusiasts can take fishing tackle and try their luck. Dniester tour does not demand any previous experience, therefore, can be considered as a perfect choice for family vacations or for travelling beginners, eager to challenge themselves in wild natural conditions, sleeping in tents far away from modern conveniences.
duration: 2 days
price: 45 USD
- Tourclub guides meet the group at 08:00 a.m. at the railway station in Ivano-Frankivsk. How to get to the tour?
- transfer to the to the start place of rafting
- Tourclub guides will conduct safety briefing and prepare rafting equipment
- rafting route: Nyzhniv Village – Budzyn Village, 17 km
- walk to the top of the canyon in Odaiv. At the very top there are an oratory and a cross set in honour of fallen soldiers of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. There is also a grotto - according to a legend there was a sanctum once. The area is rich with cavities, there the excavations of prehistoric settlements were and still are conducted. A half kilometer from the oratory among the forest there is cave Pid dumkoyu. The huge grotto impresses the most and it is ended with the caves' small entrance.
- continue discovering a marvellous nature of the Dniester
- rafting route: Budzyn Village – Dolyna Village, 17 km
- excursion to the palace of the family of Austrian prime-minister of the 19th century. The Badeni family was famous for its wealth and surrounding territories.
- The floating continue and 2 more stops is following, with observations of unique travertin formations. One of them is the grotto near Stinka village, where evidences of serving there of monks hermits were found, that place was once a sanctuary. Travertine waterfall in Kosmyryn will refresh the strength of tired travellers
- transfer to Ivano-Frankivsk by mini-bus, arrival before 7:00 p. m.
- going home
An alternative programm that can start in Chortkiv (extra charges for transfer are calculated additionally)
- Tourclub guides meet the group at 08:00 a.m. at the railway station in Chortkiv. How to get to the tour?
- transfer to Nyrkiv village.
- observation of Dzhuryn waterfall - the highest plain waterfall of Ukraine, and ruins of a castle of 12-17 century. Walking to the start place of rafting - Ustechko Village. The rout leads through the picturesque canyon of Dzhuryn river, by the way you can observe the travertine waterfall Maidens' tears.
- rafting route: Ustechko Village – Peredivanya Village, 11 km
- during the floating you can observe the cascade of silver waterfalls near Peredivanya village
- rafting route: Peredivanya Village - Zalishchyky Village, 17 km
- walk to the top of the canyon observing tha panorama of "Zalishchyky peninsula". Zalishchyky is famous with their unusual climate. In 19 century there were climate resorts. Till nowadays in the park of the Brusnitskis' estate some rear kinds of trees are preserved. The town was located on the borders of former empires and there are strategic battles with forcing of the Dniester were held, undermining bridges and destruction of entire echelons with the prisoners. There are also natural attractions - the Lower Devonian sediments of limestone and mudstone.
- transfer to Chortkiv by mini-bus, at 7:00 p. m.
- going home
The organizers keep the right to make changes in the program according to the circumstances!!!
accommodation: double-triple tents (more about tents we use)
food: three meals a day except the dinner of the last day (more about menu)
find out about weather conditions on the Dniester river: weather forecast
- guide service
- rafting equipment rental including life jackets
- tents and general equipment rental
- catering according to the tour program
- transfer as in tour program
Read more about rafting tours on the Dniester