Offered 3-day tour includes three caves: Mlynky, Uhryn and Verteba, each of which possesses its peculiarities. Mlynky Cave will impress you by intricate passages and thrusts, beauty of crystals and variety of cave formations. Uhryn Cave is much more extreme: those who are afraid to become dirty shouldn’t try to conquer it. Verteba Cave is the most “high-browed” cave; it’s cave and museum simultaneously with electrified route along which you can freely go vertically what cannot be possible in Mlynky or Uhyn caves.
duration: 3 days
price: 42 USD
- Tourclub guides meet the group at 05:30 a.m. at the railway station in Chortkiv
- transfer by mini-bus to our Speleohouse, after 45 min of riding you'll get to a cozy house not far from Mlynky Cave where travelers can have a rest, dinner and stay overnight
- lodging in a Speleohouse
- the first level of difficulty: a trial 3-hour tour to the Northern region of Mlynky Cave where Tourclub guides will provide you with necessary information on technique of moving in cave. Also you’ll find out how to differ underground galleries from halls, see cave crystals and gypsum plates, overcome one of the narrowest places in cave called Devil’s throat
- after some rest in Speleohouse we continue discovering of Mlynky Cave
- the second level of difficulty: 3-hour speleo tour to Eastern region of Mlynky Cave. Route “Eastern circle” includes some more intricate elements in comparison with the first route. Among them are passage “Ushba”, descending to “Pidoshva” (“Sole”). You’ll visit spacious halls, one of which named by a world-known speleologist Norbert Casteret. You’ll get into a fairy-tale with fantastic colorful crystals
- training of the first day of the tour allows to diversify and complicate third and the last tour to cave
- the third level of difficulty: 3-hour tour to Western region of the cave. The pearl of the route “To west” is the hall named “Kazka” (Fairy-tale) where you’ll be impressed by a great number of stalactites and stalagmites. Also you’ll see stone Obelisk, overcome one of the most difficult obstacle of Mlynky Cave called “Kids’ thrust” and visit a hall discovered by Belorussian speleologists and named “Brest”
- tour to Uhryn Cave also lasts approx. 3 hours; cave begins with a karst funnel and branches out with a net of halls. The largest hall of Uhryn Cave, named “Vestybul” (“Entrance Lobby”), occupies an area of near 100 square meters; its height reaches approx. 3 m. From the hall in all directions spread passages of a nearest region. Then the cave stretches into a narrow manhole which makes a circle and returns to the entrance halls. You find there variety of interesting places to “crawl” at full: narrow horizontal cracks, intricate multistory passages-labyrinths, boulders and blocks of stones, overcoming of which demands good movement coordination. After Uhryn tour you’ll feel yourself as real covered from toes to head with mud speleologist.
- the final day of the tour devoted to Trypillya culture and unique cave and museum Verteba (name of the cave originates from Slavic language and means “cave”, “ravine”) where at first time in Ukraine were found traces of Trypillya site
- transfer to the town of Borschiv and excursion to Museum of Local Lore where the exposition of regional history is presented (cult and household objects of Trypillya culture found in Verteba Cave by archeologists); investigations confirm the functional purpose of the cave (in times of some external danger people were hiding in cave).
- excursion in Trypillya culture museum and cave Verteba; you can observe there traces of everyday life of a human being of Stone age, Trypillya sleeping places, bones and jugs. The major part of exposition in Krakow museum is based on findings in Verteba Cave
- returning to Chortkiv
- in case of some free time before the train you can have a pleasant walk round Chortkiv, a cozy town with interesting architectural objects. It is worth seeing Dominican Roman-Catholic church of the XVII century, built in gothic style, castle, and unique wooden churches of XVI-XVII centuries.
- tourist guide service: 500 UAH/2 hours per group
previous experience: is not required
accommodation: Speleohouse (more about Speleohouse)
food: three meals a day except the supper of the last day (more about menu)
- guide service
- head flashlight and overall rental
- accommodation in Speleohouse
- food as in tour program
- transfer as in tour program